Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gorgeous!!!

I am in love with this weather!  It's 72 degrees and sunny, can't ask for much more than that.  Today has been another very restful day.  I took my sons bowling and to lunch, and when we got home I had my hubby help me plant some irises that my grandmother dug up from her garden to give to me. <3  I didn't have time or things ready to dig it all out and put in a retaining border with them, but I wanted to make sure I got them into the ground at least.  This way I know I got them planted, and my goal is to gather the materials over the summer so that I can rearrange the flowers in the front of our house come the fall.  I'm still new to this gardening thing, and have to admit that I am a bit amazed that anything I've planted over the last year and a half has survived.  I came across a new blog today that I love, by Ms. Smarty Pants.  Her post today was all about plants and gardening.  I wish I could have been a student in her class growing up, she does such wonderful hands on activities with her students.  I wish that I had the space outside at our school where we could grow our own garden.  She so inspiring!  You can check her post out here.  What great activities do you do with your students when learning about plants?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for the sweet comments! =) I am so happy you are a new follower!

    Samantha
    Ms.Smarty Pants

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! =)