Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Would you like to learn about the BEST PENCIL SHARPENER EVER???

I happened to be reading Mrs. Bainbridge's Class's blog one evening and she was talking about "The Best Pencil Sharpener on the Planet."  I was doubtful at first, especially since I have spent money out of pocket on expensive sharpeners in the past that claimed to be fantastic, only to have them do a mediocre job at best.  Over the past few years it seems like the quality of both pencils and sharpeners have been going down the tubes.  When I followed the link to Classroom Friendly Supplies I will admit I was still skeptical.  I clicked on the link to learn about free sharpeners and said "what the heck?"  The response from the site was very quick, and my sharpener was shipped to me almost immediately.


Unfortunately for me, when the sharpener arrived I needed to be heading right out the door to pick my mother up at the airport.  I couldn't resist opening that package, and needless to say, I ended being almost an hour late getting to the airport.  Why was I late?  That would definitely be because I had opened my "junk drawer" in the kitchen, and went to town sharpening any and all pencils that I could get my hands on.  I have never used a manual sharpener that cranked so easily, or quietly!  I also love the feature of the sharpener that holds the pencil perfectly in place and feeds it into the sharpener itself as you crank.  That feature will be excellent for students.  Even my third graders will stand there at the sharpeners shoving their pencils in as far and hard as they can, and then they wonder why they don't work anymore.  The holder/feeder feature will eliminate this problem completely.  (That is if I can bear to let a student use it instead of me!)  In the words of my 11 year old son, "You are just having way too much fun with that thing Mom!"  lol  I highly recommend purchasing a sharpener, or two, or three...from Classroom Friendly Supplies.  I will definitely be picking up  a couple more when we head back to school in September!
~Heather~

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the eternal perfect-pencil-sharpener quest! I try to make sure that the colored pencils never get in the class sharpener. for some reason that always kills mine. Sometimes I just want to throw out all the pencils and bring in pens! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had that same thought! Last year alone we went through THREE brand new electric sharpeners, and of course they aren't cheap. This manual sharpener really amazed me! =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! =)