Saturday, June 30, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award!


After a relaxing five hour shopping trip this afternoon with my mom I came home to see what blog-hopping I could fit in tonight before I crashed.  I was honored when I logged on and saw that Primary Possibilities had given me the Versatile Blogger Award!  My first one ever! =)  Thanks so much Primary Possibilities!












I'm honored to receive this.  I love that I can share ideas and experiences with other teachers all over the world.  Our profession can be quite lonely, where we can go days sometimes without seeing some of our colleagues.  The world of blogging has opened so many doors to communication with other teachers, and our students truly benefit from our collaboration!

 Here are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2.  Include a link to their site.
3.  Include the award image in your post.
4.  Give 7 random facts about yourself
5.  Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6.  When nominating, include a link to their site.
7.  Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.

Seven Random Facts about Can't Make This Stuff Up: Adventures in Teaching:

1.  I married my high school sweetheart.  My husband and I met and started dating when he was fourteen years old, and I was sixteen! (Typing that out really makes me feel old! lol)

2.  I grew up always wanting a dog, and my father would never let us have one.  Last summer I felt like I completed my "rebel phase" ;)  when as an adult we went to a shelter to adopt our puppy.  It was totally an "I'm an adult and I will get a puppy if I want to!" moment. =)

3.  I am TERRIFIED of spiders.  Bad.  Like, wake up in the middle of the night screaming because in my dream they are attacking me.  Thank goodness my hubby is so understanding!

4.  I am a book-a-holic.  Seriously, it's a problem.  When I go shopping I always get that look from the hubs that says "Please do not buy any more books Heather!"

5.  I was a TERRIBLE driver until about age nineteen.  (Did I really just admit that?!?!)  My first car was a 1985 Buick Skylark, and there was a reason that we nicknamed it "The TANK."  Also, I have no sense of direction, which I blame mostly on the fact that I had my nose in a book during every car ride straight through age 16.  Once I had my learner's permit I remember my parents saying I could drive to my grandparents house.  My reply?  "Awesome!  Just tell me how to get there...????" (true story!) 

6.  I used to despise cooking.  As in would avoid it like the plague.  My poor hubby, he learned quickly that if he wanted to eat, then he better cook!  I am happy to say that that has definitely improved over the years, and the chore of cooking is definitely more evenly spread out now. =)

7.  My two sons are the greatest blessings I have ever received in my entire life.  They are my world, and I could not imagine life without them. =) <3

Now it's your turn!  Here are the 15 fabulous bloggers that I'd like to pass this award on to!  

Mandy's Tips for Teachers

 No Monkey Business

Buzzing with Ms. B Button

 Mrs. Lirette's learning detectives

 Third Grade Bookworm

 

 Ladybug's teacher files

 Button

 3rd Grade Gridiron

 Teach 123

 A Cupcake for the Teacher

 Bunting Books and Bainbridge

 Photobucket

 Teachers Pay Teachers

 Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas, resources, and inspiration!  =)

~Heather~

4 comments:

  1. OOOOH don't like spiders either! (or snakes)
    And I'm not a big fan of the kitchen either... :-)
    THANKS for my Versatile blogger award. I have it proudly displayed on my blog and have "passed the torch." Thanks for thinking of me! Happy 4th!
    Michelle
    nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! You're too sweet! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You deserve it! Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! =)