Friday, August 16, 2013

Dog days of summer...

I know that for many of us the last few days of summer vacation are slipping away...and to those teacher friends who have already returned to school I hope you are having a wonderful new school year.  This summer I really found myself in school denial...not sure why, and this was the first summer in eight years that I really made sure to devote time with my family and relaxing.  It has been wonderful!  Don't get me wrong, I still have blog stalked on a daily basis, and Pinterest has consumed way more time than I'm willing to even admit! (I'm sure I'm not alone on either of those points, right?? lol)  Our family didn't have a big go-away type vacation this summer, but we still managed to cram in lots of day trips, memories and fun.  Here are a few snapshots of my favorites. =)
Along with camping at the ocean, going mini golfing, to the zoo, watching 12 year old all star baseball, putting up a pool, and building a shed, we've also fit in bowling, a visit to an armory museum, a family cookout, a huge surprise birthday party for my Grandpa's 80th birthday, and lots more!  So, we've definitely been busy!  Not summer is winding down and I'm here wishing it would go on and on...lol.  I did crawl out of my denial and drag myself head into school to work on my classroom a bit.  My furniture is back in place and I was able to get some sorting of materials done.  I still have to label supplies and place them on students' desks, as well as put up some of the Monday Made Its that never made it...lol.  Please tell me that I am not alone in trying to squeeze summer out as long as possible! =)  Enjoy your last days of vacation if you still have them...back to school in T minus 9 days for this lady!

~Heather~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)