Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday (almost didn't) Make It...and a FREEBIE!

Phew!  What a long day...our family is going through a very stressful time (mentioned in a previous post), and I have been keeping myself busy while I am home in the hopes of keeping my mind off things.  I had no idea how late it had gotten!  So, hopefully this post will be complete while it's still Monday!  I've have been printing, cutting, laminating, and cutting some more to get all of my common core standards/I Can statements finished.  I purchased a great set from Erin Morrison from www.talesfromroom112.blogspot.com.  She's great!  She even offers a customizable set where she'll work on your individual state's science and social studies as well...AWESOME!  You can check them out here.  I decided to put my display chart together using some black and white ribbon to match my new color scheme.  I love how it came out, although I need to figure out how exactly I want to attach each of the standard cards.  I was thinking Velcro circles, but I'm not sure I like how they line up, so I may have to try strips of Velcro.  I think it might make it easier to line things up.  Here's how it came out:
Even the bow looks good, which is a miracle in and of itself!  ;)  
I have also been busy creating many different materials to use with my students.  The first that I've been working on is a common core aligned math game focusing on subtracting fluently within 1,000.  It's called Swimming Into Subtraction, here's a sneak peak!
 It really took a while to get it just right, but I love it! =)  It includes four different sets of subtraction problems, all involving regrouping, the game board, recording sheet, instructions, and answer keys to assist students with checking their work after they have solved the problem.  It is going to make a great addition to my math workstations, and it will to yours as well! 
As mentioned, here's my latest freebie for my followers.  It is my set of binder pages for organizing my teacher binder for reader's workshop.  Here's a sample image:


 
You can download a copy here It's time for me to go to sleep...night! Or technically, I suppose it's morning! =)
~Heather~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)