Monday, March 26, 2012

Today was one of those days that made me recall that show that Bill Cobsy used to host "Kids Say the Darndest Things" (I think that's what it was called??).  I have a very interesting group this year, they are very active, very chatty, and what personalities they have on them!  Needless to say there's never a dull moment in our room.  I have a group of about six boys who tend to be mischievous, not naughty per say, but definitely rambunctious eight and nine year old boys.  Two of them have a habit of saying things to be funny, and when they think they've cracked a great joke will chuckle and say "giggle." This morning I was not at my peppiest, as I sure many of us aren't after an all to short weekend with interrupted/restless sleep.  One of these boys in particular was standing right next to me when someone else in class was trying to be funny for a change.  My normal comedian was clearly unimpressed with his classmate's attempt at humor, and he lifted up an eyebrow and said "crickets."  Another student near us was wondering what he meant by "crickets" and he was all to happy to explain "that's when someone tries to make a joke and it just doesn't work."  I quietly reminded him that we are kind to our classmates and to not make comments that others could find hurtful, but I have to admit, it popped into my head where old shows sometimes had someone saying something trying to be funny, and having the audience not buying it, and accenting that with cricket sounds! lol   Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)