Thursday, January 10, 2013

Still here...

Man, I feel like I haven't posted in forever...because I pretty much haven't!  I'm sure I'm not the only one who by the time the day is done and reorganized, I'm finally heading home exhausted.  This year I am really trying to focus on making sure that I spend more time with my family, they are my number one priority first and foremost.  I went back to school after Christmas break feeling pretty refreshed and rejuvenated...and it lasted for a little while seeing as it was a three day school week last week.  This week is our first full week back since vacation and it has been BRUTAL.  On top of being so tired I am now coming down with some kind of bug...fingers crossed it won't end up being the nasty flu that seems to be everywhere right now. (I'm thinking it's just a nasty cold thankfully.)  Even being so tired and worn down I have to say I love my group of kids this year.  Each day there is something new that they come out with that makes me laugh and appreciate their unique and precious personalities.  Just today one of my ESL girls randomly came up to me, gave me a hug, and said "I love to be near Mrs. Michaud, she makes me feel like home." <3  And that right there folks is why I do what I do.  I think that it's so easy for us to get caught up in all of the day to day stresses that we all face, and we often forget where our students come from, and what they go home to each night.  I am very thankful that I get to be a bright part of their day each week, because they definitely make mine brighter. <3

~Heather~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)